GROWTH, YIELD AND QUALITY AS AFFECTED BY NANOCHITOSAN AND BIOCAPSULES IN KINNOW MANDARIN (CITRUS RETICULATA)RAJVEER GURJAR, SAKET MISHRA, VIJAY BAHADUR AND SAMEER DANIEL
The present study was carried out in the Research field of the Department of Horticulture, SHUATS, Prayagraj, UP, India. The experiment was conducted in Randomized Block Design (RBD) having 9 treatments, with three replications. Among all the treatments T6 NPK (RDF)+ Nanochitosan 100 ppm (soil drenching)+ Biocapsule 500 ppm (Soil drenching) was observed best in the terms of yield parameters like maximum plant height (3.96 m), Maximum number of flower per plant (166.26), Maximum number of fruit per plant (142.65), Maximum fruit diameter (7.89 cm), the maximum fruit weight (136.49 g), The maximum yield per plant (20.15 kg), Maximum fruit yield (53.72 t ha-1), and Qualitative parameters like Maximum TSS (10.43), Acidity% (1.08), Ascorbic acid (27.43 mg), Reducing sugar (3.73%), Non Reducing sugar (5.15%) and Total sugar (8.88%). The influence of Biocapsules and nanochitosan with combination of NPK (RDF) not only increase the yield parameters but also maintained the qualitative parameters by the action of antipathogen effect and nutrient fixation in Kinnow plant.