Ecology, Environment and Conservation Paper

Vol. 22, April Suppl. Issue 2016; Page No.(7-11)

GROWTH, YIELD AND QUALITY OF GUAVA (PSIDIUM GUAJAVA L.) AUGMENTED BY FOLIAR APPLICATION OF PHOSPHORUS AND MICRONUTRIENTS

R.N. Kanpure, D.S. Mandloi, S.R. Anjanawe and B. Kachouli

Abstract

A field experiment was conducted to evaluate the foliar spray of phosphorus and micronutrients on morphophysico, vegetative, reproductive, yield and quality of guava (Psidium guajava L.) cv. Gwalior-27 at the Instructional cum research fruit orchard, Department of Fruit Science, KNK College of Horticulture, Mandsaur during 2011-12. The treatments consisted of foliar sprays of two levels of phosphorus i.e., 1.5% and 3.0%, three levels of Fe i.e., 0.2%, 0.4% and 0.6% and three levels of Zn i.e., 0.4%, 0.6% and 0.8%.The results revealed that the foliar application of phosphorus 3.0% + Fe 0.6% + Zn 0.8% (T14) significantly influenced the morpho-physical, reproductive and quality parameters of guava. The maximum increases in plant height (0.77 m), canopy spread N-S direction (0.75m) & E-W direction (0.74 m), maximum fruit length (7.13 cm) and fruit diameter (7.04 cm) at harvest, fruit volume (243 ml), Pulp (96.05%), Seed (3.95%), pulp: seed ratio (24.31), number of flower/plant(1205), fruit setting (75.33%), fruit drop (36.33%), fruit retention at maturity (63.67%), number of fruits per plant(252.67), weight per fruit (241g), yield per plant (60.89 Kg), Yield per hectare (168.66q), TSS (11.770Brix), acidity (0.40%), Ascorbic acid content (241.67 mg/100 g pulp), TSS: acid ratio (29,42), pectin content (0.80%), reducing sugar (5.22%), non reducing sugar (4.59%), total sugar (9.81%). However, the foliar sprays of phosphorus 3.0% + Fe 0.6% + Zn 0.6% (T13) had the statistically equal performance of almost characters under studied.

Enter your contact information below to receive full paper.
Your Name :
Email:
Phone:
City:
Cost of Full Paper: Rs.75 for Indian Nationals or $20 (USD) for international subscribers.
By clicking on Request Paper you Agree to pay the above mentioned cost per paper.