Ecology, Environment and Conservation Paper

Vol 22, Issue 1, 2016; Page No.(1-7)

A NEW STATISTICAL MODEL BASED ON BIOCHEMICAL TRAITS ASSOCIATED WITH ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE SYSTEMS AND OXIDATIVE DAMAGE FOR PREDICTING WHEAT YIELD STABILITY UNDER DROUGHT STRESS CONDITION

Hojjat Hasheminasab, Ezatollah Farshadfar and Hossein Dashti

Abstract

The main objective of this study was to define a statistical model based on biochemical traits associated with antioxidant defense systems and oxidative damage to predict yield stability under drought stress condition in wheat. This model will help wheat breeders to indirectly select drought tolerant genotypes in arid and semi-arid regions. The statistical model developed by multiple linear regression analysis explained 91.3% of the total variation within all the biochemical traits while the remaining 8.7% may be due to residual effects. The residual plots analysis indicated no problem in the model with the predictor variables. On the other hand, t-test and collinearity statistics showed that some of the variables were not important to be present in the model. The results of the optimized model by stepwise analysis showed that about 81.6% of the variability in yield stability index (YSI) could be attributed to membrane stability index (MSI), superoxide dismutase (SOD) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) only. Path analysis revealed that MSI and ascorbate peroxidase (APX) had the highest direct, and APX, MDA and SOD indirect effects on YSI, respectively. In this study, different statistical methods suggested H2O2, MSI and SOD as the major contributing predictors for modeling YSI under drought stress condition.

Enter your contact information below to receive full paper.
Your Name :
Email:
Phone:
City:
Cost of Full Paper: Rs.75 for Indian Nationals or $20 (USD) for international subscribers.
By clicking on Request Paper you Agree to pay the above mentioned cost per paper.
  
Journal Issues
Vol 26, Issue 1, 2020
Vol 26, Feb Suppl. Issue, 2020
Vol 25, Issue 4 2019
Vol 25, Issue 3 2019
Vol 25, Nov Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, Sept Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, Aug Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, July Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, Issue 2 2019
Vol 25, May Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, April Suppl. Issue, 2019
Vol 25, Issue 1 2019
Vol 24, Issue 4 2018
Vol 24, Issue 3 2018
Vol 24, Issue 2 2018
Vol 24, Issue 1 2018
Vol 24, March Suppl. Issue 2018
Vol 24, Feb. Suppl. Issue 2018
Vol 23, Issue 4, 2017
Vol 23, Nov. Suppl. Issue 2017
Vol 23, Sept. Suppl. Issue 2017
Vol 23, Issue 2, 2017
Vol 23, Issue 3, 2017
Vol 23, Issue 1, 2017
Vol 23, Feb 2017 Suppl. Issue
Vol 22, Dec 2016 Suppl. Issue
Vol 22, Issue 4, 2016
Vol 22, Sept. Suppl. Issue , 2016
Vol 22, Issue 3, 2016
Vol. 22, June Suppl. Issue 2016
Vol 22, Issue 2, 2016
Vol. 22, April Suppl. Issue 2016
Vol 22, Issue 1, 2016
Vol 21, Issue 4, 2015
Vol. 21 Dec. 2015 Suppl. Issue
Vol. 21 Nov. 2015 Suppl. Issue
Vol 21, Issue 3, 2015
Vol 21, Issue 2, 2015
Vol. 21 Suppl.Issue August 2015
Vol 21.Suppl.Issue June 2015
Vol 21, Issue 1, 2015
Supplement Issue, Dec. 2014
Special Issue-2014
Vol 20, Issue 4, 2014
Vol 20, Issue 3, 2014
Vol 20, Issue 2, 2014
Vol. 20 Issue 01, 2014
Vol. 19 Issue 04, 2013
Vol. 19 Issue 03, 2013
Vol. 19, Issue 02, 2013
Vol. 19, Issue 01, 2013
Vol.18, Issue 04, 2012
Vol.18, Issue 3, 2012
Vol.18, Issue 2, 2012
Vol.18, Issue 1, 2012
Vol.17, Issue 4, 2011
Vol.17, Issue 3, 2011
Vol.17, Issue 2, 2011
Vol.17, Issue 1, 2011
Vol.16, Issue 4, 2010
Vol.16, Issue 3, 2010
Vol.16, Issue 2, 2010
Vol.16, Issue 1, 2010
Vol.15, Issue 04, 2009
Vol.15, Issue 03, 2009
Vol.15, Issue 02, 2009
Vol.15, Issue 1, 2009
Vol.14, Issue 04, 2008
Vol.14, Issue 2-3, 2008
Vol.14, Issue 2-3, 2008
Vol.14, Issue 1, 2008
Vol.14, Issue 2-3, 2008
Vol.13, Issue 04, 2007
Vol.13, Issue 2, 2007
Vol.13, Issue 1, 2007
Vol.12, Issue 4, 2006
Vol.12, Issue 3, 2006
Vol.12, Issue 2, 2006
Vol.12, Issue 1, 2006
Vol.12, Issue 01, 2006
Vol.11, Issue 3,4, 2005
Vol.11, Issue 2, 2005
Vol.11, Issue 1, 2005
Vol.10, Issue 04, 2004
Vol.10, Issue 03, 2004
Vol.10, Issue 02, 2004
Vol.10, Issue 01, 2004
Vol.09, Issue 04, 2003
Vol.09, Issue 03, 2003
Vol.09, Issue 02, 2003
Vol.08, Issue 04, 2002
Vol.08, Issue 03, 2002
Vol.08, Issue 01, 2002
Vol.07, Issue 04, 2001
Vol.07, Issue 03, 2001
Vol.07, Issue 02, 2001
Vol.07, Issue 01, 2001
Vol.06, Issue 04, 2000
Vol.06, Issue 03, 2000
Vol.06, Issue 02, 2000
Vol.06, Issue 01, 2000
Vol.05, Issue 04, 1999
Vol.05, Issue 03, 1999
Vol.05, Issue 02, 1999
Vol.05, Issue 01, 1999
Vol.04, Issue 1,2, 1998
Vol.03, Issue 3,4, 1997
Vol.03, Issue 01, 1997
Vol.02, Issue 1,2, 1996
Vol.01, Issue 14, 1995
Looking for Past Issues? Click here to get them!!