Ecology, Environment and Conservation Paper

Vol. 19, Issue 02, 2013; Page No.(291-298)

INVESTIGATION OF PREDICTING EUTROPHICATION AND POLLUTION OF NITROGEN, PHOSPHOROUS IN POLOUR RIVER (CASE STUDY: POLOUR BASIN, IRAN COUNTRY)

Azita Behbahaninia, Alireza Rahi, Amirpouya Sarraf and Maryam Dadgar

Abstract

This research has been carried out to determine the water quality and physico-chemical properties in Polour river basin which is the main branch of Haraz River. Prediction of eutrophication and the pollution of nitrogen and phosphorous was investigated in polour river. Samples were taken from different stations along the main branch of Polour River. In water samples pH, DO, SO4, Cl, PO4, NO3, EC, BOD, COD, Temperature, color, number of phytoplankton and Coliform (per liter), have been determined. Then Arc – GIS software (Version 9.3) was used for classification of nitrate zoned and its concentration in the polour river basin. The results indicated that the mentioned river polluted in polour village station because of discharge domestic wastewater as well as polluted river in Ziar village station because of agricultural wastewater and water is contaminated in aquaculture station because of fish ponds wastewater. Statistical analysis showed that independent traits and nitrate regression relationship is significant at the 1% level. In the other words, there is 99% regression relevance between nitrate and other characters. Coefficient explanation index indicated independent traits control 44% nitrate. There is significant regression relevance between phosphate and estimated characters. Coefficient explanation index indicated independent characters impress 28% phosphate. There was a significant difference at the 1% probability level between estimated characters and phosphate. Zoning of Variation of nitrate concentration dispersion by Arc – GIS software (Version 9.3) indicated the concentration of nitrate increased in upriver. However, absence of phytoplankton indicator specious for eutrophication, flow rate, Steep River negates the possibility of the eutrophication in Polour River.

Enter your contact information below to receive full paper.
Your Name :
Email:
Phone:
City:
Cost of Full Paper: Rs.75 for Indian Nationals or $20 (USD) for international subscribers.
By clicking on Request Paper you Agree to pay the above mentioned cost per paper.