PREVALENCE OF AIDS IN TAMILNADUS. AHMED JOHN, MUTHUMANI, MEENA KUMAR AND AHMED JEELANI BASHA
The recent census April 2007 in two district of Tamilnadu showed the prevalence of AIDS is dominant in 26-35 age groups. The least effected age group is 11-15 among this the most affected are daily labourers. Studies are going on to identify the predominance in this section. Census report of HIV positive network in each district reveals the disease was transmitted through sexual mode. 99% of the adult age group acquired this disease through sexual transmission and remaining 1% through non sexual mode. Generally sexual transmission was through Casual sex workers, migrant workers, drug users, mother to child, transgender etc. Measures were taken to control the spread of AIDS through HIV positive network. It conducted counseling, advocacy, awareness programme to bring behavioral changes.
Enter your contact information below to receive full paper.