SITE SELECTION OF AQUACULTURE LOCATION IN INDONESIA SEAMuhammad Zikra, Haryo Dwito Armono and Billy Mahaputra
Aquaculture is one of the methods of fish farming that can be developed at rivers, lakes or seas. To determine a proper location for aquaculture site, there are some requirements that need to be fulfill to maintain sustainability of floating cages. Those requirements are bathymetry, meteorology or climate, water quality parameters, and quality of environmental and biological information as well as the legal framework. This paper will discuss the site selection of aquaculture activities using geographical information system based on environmental factors and water quality. The study take place on Prigi Bay, Trenggalek, East Java, Indonesia. The result show that the Prigi bay generally suitable for aquaculture activities. The result of weighted overlay analysis show that 23.13% of the water area (about 8.33 km2) considered as "very suitable" and the rest area of 76.87% of water area considered as "suitable".